One of the most architecturally distinguished residences in Waratah, built around c.1885 for the mayor, this prominent Victorian Italianate residence presents an outstanding opportunity to acquire a slice of local history. Full of character both inside and out including pressed metal ceilings, working timber fireplaces and a lacework verandah, the up to 5-bedroom home is move-in ready while presenting exciting possibilities for a contemporary renovation or extension to create an exceptional family home. Proximity to everything a family needs is a true advantage of this home's setting. On your doorstep, Waratah Shopping Village, two colleges, two primary schools, regular buses and the Calvary Mater Hospital.
- Built of colonial bond brick on a north to rear on an approximate 600sqm parcel
- The home has been kept in good working order by the current owners
- 2kw solar electricity panels and solar hot water for lower utility bills
- Granite-topped kitchen with dishwasher and gas stove
- Two bathrooms serving up to 5-bedroom accommodation
- Round arched windows, original dado stenciling, barley twist columns add character
- Within minutes reach of the Calvary Mater and John Hunter Hospitals
- St Philip's Christian College, Callaghan College, Waratah Public and Corpus Christi primary all within strolling distance and minutes drive to the University of Newcastle
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.