Newcastle 21 Brown Street
Contemporary Refinement Meets Original Grandeur in 'Holyrood' C.1877
An elegant and private retreat in the middle of the vibrant east end revival. Leave the car behind in one of 4 off street parking spaces and stroll to cafes, beach, or the theatre. When you return to your urban oasis, enter through the bespoke gates into the beautiful traditional garden walk which leads to the grand entrance of this historic residence.
Built circa 1877 the home has been fully renovated creating a family home full of period features but with all the comforts a modern family would need. Facing north, the light filled living areas flow into balconies on every side and provide stunning views over the city roof tops, the garden canopy and the harbour. The elegant kitchen boasts Miele appliances complete with built in coffee machine, dishwasher, and wine fridge.
The master suite offers space to sit and enjoy the working harbour as well as a walk-in robe and luxurious full bathroom with freestanding bath for soaking away the troubles of the day. Downstairs the family can enjoy 3 more bedrooms with a glamorous family bathroom with bath and a guest retreat with ensuite. A secluded rear courtyard provides further opportunity for outside entertaining.
A library, media room, music room and state of the art wine cellar complete the home and ensures that nothing is ignored in this beautiful and stylish residence. Perfect for executive living or a busy family, close to schools, public transport, and the vibrant city this home caters to any lifestyle.
Steeped in Newcastle history, the home was the trophy home of Captain James Newton and his family when he became Harbour Master in 1885. It can become your trophy home and your chance to embrace the Newcastle's urban revival in style comfort and privacy.
- Secure 4-car accommodation, clever storage solutions for bikes and surfboards
- Stunning island kitchen appointed with Miele gas cooktop, oven, microwave, dishwasher and coffee machine
- 4 x split system a/c & ceiling fans along with sea breezes keep the home comfortable
- Family bathroom and two ensuites plus powder room all with floor to ceiling tiling
- Perfect inner-city location, just footsteps to all conveniences
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigating.
Share This Property
- Land area approx 369sqm
- Air Conditioning
- Built In Wardrobes
- Close to Schools
- Close to Shops
- Close to Transport
- Ensuite 1
- Uncovered Carspaces 4
- Water Views
Local Information Newcastle
- Government Schools
- Independent Schools
- Newcastle East Public School
- Stockton Public School
- Carrington Public School
- Newcastle High School
- Merewether High School
- Newcastle Grammar School
- Newcastle Grammar Park School Campus
- St Joseph's Primary School
- St Peter's Primary School
- St Francis Xavier's College
- San Clemente High School
- St Francis Xavier's College, San Clemente campus
- Alesco Senior College
- St Laurence Flexible Learning Centre
- St Dominic's Centre