Positioned opposite King Edward Park at the end of a handsome row, this grand Victorian terrace is perfectly placed to enjoy the surf, sand and city all on foot.
Designed c1872 by respected local architect, James Henderson, the front of the home retains its period grandeur with elegant formal rooms anchored by twin fireplaces, kauri pine floors and tall ceilings. A contemporary new kitchen at the rear creates a light-filled entertaining space that opens out to embrace a wrap-around verandah where the breeze reminds you of how close you are to the ocean.
Designed over multiple levels, the 4-bedroom + office terrace is crowned with a superb upper-level parents' retreat and complemented by self-contained basement accommodation. The lush, leafy backyard is a private urban oasis for relaxation and entertaining, while the ocean views, nightly sunsets and verdant park outlook create a magical ambience day and night.
Offering wide appeal for families through to busy executives, the blue-ribbon location is unbeatable with a myriad of lifestyle attractions literally on your doorstep.
- Multi-level Victorian terrace in row of five directly opposite King Edward Park
- Crisp neutral colour palette inside and out complements the home's coastal location
- Renovated kitchen with Smeg gas stove, dishwasher and alfresco flow to verandah
- Garden with an array of Mediterranean and tropical plants offering a natural cool and relaxed atmosphere where birds like to come and say hello
- Separate basement bedroom with private bathroom and kitchenette suitable for guest or Airbnb accommodation or teenage retreat
- Stroll across King Edward Park to the Bogey Hole, wander along the Anzac Memorial Walk to Bar Beach, Dixon Park and Merewether Ocean baths
- 700m to sought-after Newcastle East Public school and Newcastle Grammar
- 900m to Newcastle's favourite eat-street on Darby Street