A unique opportunity to secure a fantastic warehouse conversion that's rich in history and has the whole of Foreshore Park, the harbour and Nobbys beach as its playground.
Dating back to the late 1800s, the David Cohen and Co Bond Store was established for the storage and distribution of heavy imported goods which were subject to duty. The store's proximity to the harbour and adjacent railway lines were critical to its early commercial success. As part of the ongoing Newcastle foreshore re-development in the 80s and 90s, the Bond Store was converted into 10 luxury residential apartments.
Beautifully updated with an open plan layout, a custom Miele appointed kitchen and two contemporary bathrooms, it's hard to believe this 3-bedroom residence is from another time. Yet look around and you will see it is bursting with original character from the exposed convict sandstock brick walls and arches as well as the raw timber columns, bearers and joists.
One of only two apartments positioned at the rear, the property's direct access off Foreshore Park allows you to wake to the sounds of chirping birds and the ships rolling in and out of the harbour.
Currently utilised as short-stay accommodation known as "Cohen's on the Park East", this apartment is perfect as a blue-chip investment or as a permanent home for anyone wanting a retreat in the thick of the action.
Walk out of your front door and see the harbour, wander into the city and Honeysuckle whenever you feel like it, swim and surf every day. The lifestyle benefits that come as part of the package cannot be beaten.
- Secure access is via the rear of the building on the edge of Foreshore Park
- Generous open plan living and dining zone with winter gas log fire and custom cabinetry
- Superb kitchen appointed with Miele gas stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, integrated fridge/freezer and large walk-in pantry
- Two bathrooms continue the contemporary scheme with heated towels rails and a luxe freestanding bath and frameless shower in the main
- Oversized laundry and large storeroom
- Proven track record as short-term accommodation with financials available on request
- Easy stroll to fabulous bars and restaurants including Paymasters, Scotties, Scratchleys, Queens Wharf
- Footsteps to the light rail stop at Pacific Park, plenty of on-street parking with two residents permits issued by Newcastle City Council