2 1 1
Inspections by appointment only - contact agent.
With its Federation pedigree and prized Hamilton South location, this c.1915 brick beauty holds immense appeal, and although it's a comfortable two-bedroom home for today it's easy to see its future potential. Already updated with a modern new kitchen, fresh décor and polished floorboards, the property's hallmark period features have been preserved including ornate plaster ceilings, an elegant leadlight window and ornamental fireplace. Positioned on a deep 584sqm block, there's an abundance of space to extend and add extra bedroom and living accommodation, or like surrounding homes add another level. Darling Street is out of the heritage conservation area so there is also the option to start again with a contemporary new home or even a duplex, all subject to council approval. From here, it's an easy stroll to Beaumont Street and Newcastle Racecourse, it's a quick dash to The Junction and a five-minute drive to the beach and there's a choice of sought-after schools in the immediate vicinity. Position and potential plus!
- Single level brick and tile home on north facing 584sqm block
- Air-conditioned lounge room with ornate plaster ceiling and ornamental fireplace
- Open plan dining and new kitchen with gas cooker, dishwasher and touch/catch cabinetry
- Two bedrooms with built-in robes, one opens to enclosed front verandah
- Bathroom with shower over bath and updated fixtures and fittings
- Side driveway to oversized single garage with plenty of storage
- In catchment for Hamilton South Public school just 600m away, 1200m to Newcastle High and St Francis Xavier's College, 1500m to St Joseph's primary
- Stroll to Beaumont Street, Newcastle Racecourse and Learmonth Park
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.