Newcastle East 9/28 Stevenson Place
A Piece of Newcastle's History, Now a Unique Apartment Fronting Foreshore Park
It's not often that a piece of Newcastle's history becomes available, especially one that has been sympathetically refurbished and upgraded to offer a unique living experience with the whole of Foreshore Park as its playground.
Dating back to the late 1800s, the David Cohen and Co Bond Store was established for the storage and distribution of heavy imported goods which were subject to duty. The store's proximity to the harbour and adjacent railway lines were critical to its early commercial success. As part of the ongoing Newcastle foreshore re-development in the 80s and 90s, the Bond Store was converted into 10 luxury residential apartments.
One of only two 3-bedroom apartments positioned at the rear, the property's direct access off Foreshore Park allows you to wake to the sounds of chirping birds and the ships rolling in and out of the harbour. Think of the park as your own lawn that you don't have to mow!
You will fall in love with the building's original warehouse features including exposed convict sandstock brick walls and arches and raw timber columns, bearers and joists, while its architectural renovation has splashed it with modern designer style.
The generous central living zone has ample space for dedicated lounge and dining areas and is adjoined by the superb kitchen fitted with a full range of integrated Miele appliances. Two bathrooms continue the contemporary scheme with a luxe freestanding bath and frameless shower in the main.
Currently utilised as short-stay accommodation known as "Cohen's on the Park", this apartment is perfect as a blue-chip investment or a respite for anyone wanting a retreat in the thick of the action.
Walk out of your front door and see the harbour, wander into the city and Honeysuckle whenever you feel like it, swim and surf every day. The lifestyle benefits that come as part of the package cannot be beaten.
- Superbly renovated with respect to the heritage and integrity of the original c.1895 bond store
- Proven track record as short-term accommodation with financials available on request
- Easy stroll to fabulous bars and restaurants including Paymasters, Scotties, Scratchleys, Queens Wharf
- Footsteps to the light rail stop at Pacific Park, plenty of on-street parking with two residents permits issued by Newcastle City Council
- Stroll to Nobbys or Newcastle Beach for a surf or swim
- Apartment access via stairs down to Foreshore Park, street parking only
Share This Property
- Floor area approx 170sqm
- Council Rates $1297/year
- Water Rates $750/year
- Strata Admin Fund $2823/year
- Built In Wardrobes
- Close to Schools
- Close to Shops
- Close to Transport
- Ensuite 1
Local Information Newcastle East
- Government Schools
- Independent Schools
- Newcastle East Public School
- Stockton Public School
- Carrington Public School
- Newcastle High School
- Newcastle Grammar School
- St Peter's Primary School
- Newcastle Grammar Park School Campus
- St Joseph's Primary School
- St Francis Xavier's College
- Alesco Senior College