The Hill 28 The Terrace
Fronting King Edward Park With Stunning Ocean Views - A Once In A Lifetime Opportunity
An intriguing local treasure 'Yacaaba' c1875, was one of the first homes to be built on The Terrace, originally constructed by the AA Company for the manager William Turnbull. It is representative of a period of significant population growth and increasing wealth in Newcastle. It also signifies a shift in the nature of The Hill from an old mining district to a well-heeled residential area.
Fronting King Edward Park with expansive ocean views, the home is on offer for the first time since 1958, owned by prominent Hunter Street medico Dr Richard Wilkinson and his family for over 60 years. As solid as the day it was built, it is offered in timeless, near original condition for the next generation to restore its glory and be the proud custodians of a distinguished Newcastle property.
The double-storey façade with its side twin gables and ocean view verandah reveals an ornate interior showcasing a wealth of period features including beautiful pressed metal ceilings, six fireplaces, French doors and a spectacular cedar staircase.
Grand formal lounge and dining rooms with marble fireplaces and soaring ornate ceilings, relaxed family and TV rooms, a spacious eat-in kitchen, four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a study whet the appetite, as every element of this perfectly preserved family home shows extraordinary future potential with scope for further restoration into a contemporary residence.
Positioned on a generous 614sqm block with a tandem carport and brick courtyard with original stables, this is a rare opportunity to secure a magnificent home in a blue-ribbon locale with a myriad of lifestyle attractions literally on your doorstep.
From here, a surf at Newcastle Beach, a stroll across beautiful King Edward Park, a sunset walk along the beach or the Anzac Memorial walk, coffee in Darby or Hunter Street, or a dip in the crystal-clear waters of the Bogey Hole, are all simply effortless.
- Double-storey property on 614sqm block with a north-east aspec fronting King Edward Park
- Stunning park, ocean and city views down to iconic Newcastle Baths
- Multiple living spaces offering eight huge formal rooms
- French doors off the 2 main bedrooms open to a refurbished verandah taking in the view
- Secure tandem carport, parking for multiple vehicles in the driveway and rear courtyard
- Recently painted internally, new carpet downstairs, new roof
- In catchment for Newcastle East Public school; 750m to Newcastle Grammar
Share This Property
- Land area approx 614sqm
- Area Views
- Built In Wardrobes
- Car Parking - Surface
- Carports 2
- City Views
- Close to Schools
- Close to Shops
Local Information The Hill
- Government Schools
- Independent Schools
- Newcastle East Public School
- The Junction Public School
- Hamilton South Public School
- Newcastle High School
- Merewether High School
- Newcastle Grammar School
- Newcastle Grammar Park School Campus
- St Joseph's Primary School
- Holy Family Primary School
- St Francis Xavier's College
- Alesco Senior College
- St Laurence Flexible Learning Centre