Hamilton South 72 Stewart Avenue
Art Deco Elegance with a Mediterranean Resort Ambience
Inspections by appointment only - contact agent.
With its white brick exterior, arched windows and turreted porch entrance, this home flaunts a captivating silhouette that could easily be found in the Hollywood Hills or in Europe, while the rear gardens and poolside entertaining area will have you feeling like you are on holiday in the Mediterranean. Positioned in a walk-everywhere locale, inside is wonderfully quiet and your chance to escape life in the fast lane.
Designed by one of the Hunter Valley's finest architects of the time, Frank Stone and built in 1927 for Albert Gardiner, who became president of the Newcastle Master Builders' Association, this Art Deco era home has been beautifully updated to deliver a fresh spin on the glamour of its heritage.
The home reveals a formal lounge room on entry, with the rear dedicated to relaxed family living with a bright open plan layout encompassing a sleek, granite kitchen. Step outside to resort style alfresco entertaining and the solar heated pool creating a vacation vibe, while a sleep-out with third bathroom is ideal for visiting guests. Back inside, a whole floor parents' retreat with stunning travertine marble ensuite and walk-in robe occupies the upper level. A versatile mid-floor mezzanine makes an ideal office, sitting room or nursery space.
If convenience is top of mind, then this address has it all. Hamilton South Public and a choice of high schools are less than 500m away. It's a level 950m stroll to Newcastle Interchange for an easy commute and access to the city and beaches is effortless, with The Junction and Beaumont Street offering a superb selection of places to dine out.
- Formal and casual living spaces with fireplaces
- New ducted a/c and 6.49kw (22 panels) solar system to keep running cost down
- Granite island kitchen with 6-burner Smeg gas stove and Miele dishwasher
-Whole floor parents' retreat with slump glass and marble ensuite and walk-in robe
- Versatile mid-floor mezzanine level, perfect as a home office or nursery
- Luxurious main bathroom serves two spacious robed bedrooms on ground level
- Effortless in/outdoor living and alfresco entertaining area with a Mediterranean feel
- Single garage and carport, quality window furnishings, security system
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.
Share This Property
- Land area approx 550sqm
- Council Rates $2800/year
- Water Rates $806/year
- Air Conditioning
- Built In Wardrobes
- Close to Schools
- Close to Shops
- Close to Transport
- Ensuite 1
- Uncovered Carspaces 2
Local Information Hamilton South
Hamilton South is a highly sought after suburb with a host of amenities suited for family living. The suburb is close to Beaumont Street eateries, The Junction Shopping Centre and Marketown Shopping Centre.
- Government Schools
- Independent Schools
- Hunter School of Performing Arts
- Hamilton South Public School
- The Junction Public School
- Hamilton Public School
- Newcastle High School
- Merewether High School
- Lambton High School
- Newcastle Senior School
- Newcastle Middle School
- Newcastle Grammar School
- St Philip's Christian College - Waratah
- Hunter Christian School
- St Joseph's Primary School
- Newcastle Grammar Park School Campus
- Holy Family Primary School
- St Francis Xavier's College
- St Francis Xavier's College, St Pius X campus
- St Pius X High School
- Alesco Senior College
- St Laurence Flexible Learning Centre
- St Philip's Christian College DALE