Hamilton South 6 Thomas Street
Spacious & Private Family Oasis in a Central yet Peaceful Location
Built in 1919, during an era when quality and embellishment were the cornerstones of architectural craftsmanship, this exquisite brick home has gracefully embraced a contemporary renovation while preserving its timeless allure. The intricately detailed high ceilings, ornamental fireplace, and graceful fretwork serve as heart-warming reminders of a bygone era, infusing this home with an abundance of character and soul. Simultaneously, the kitchen and three bathrooms have been tastefully updated to ensure that it functions seamlessly as a thoroughly modern residence.
Nestled securely behind an electric gated driveway, this home now boasts three separate living areas and five bedrooms, guaranteeing ample space for your growing family to live, thrive and entertain. And then there's the north-facing backyard-a purposefully designed private sanctuary for both relaxation and play. This lush, green oasis is sure to win your heart with its covered alfresco area, a ready-for-summer pool, and ample room for a vegetable garden, trampoline, and fire pit.
You'll have the privilege of enjoying the company of wonderful neighbours, and the bonus of being within the sought-after zoning of Hamilton South Public School. Additionally, the location couldn't be more central: imagine leisurely bike rides to the beach, quick coffee and dining options at The Junction and Beaumont Street, and a mere five-minute journey to the heart of the city.
This home truly offers the best of both worlds-a delightful blend of period charm and contemporary comfort, all set in an enviable and convenient location.
- Freshly painted façade with new fencing and awning creating great street appeal
- Concrete driveway and tandem garage behind an electric gate delivering secure off-street parking for four vehicles
- 18 solar electricity panels keep running costs down
- Ducted a/c keeps the whole house comfortable year-round
- Exposed brick walls, plantation shutters, two sliding barn doors, and wainscotting adds extra style
- High quality island kitchen featuring stone benches, Smeg gas cooktop, steam oven, regular oven, and dishwasher
- Paved alfresco entertaining area with ceiling fan, saltwater pool, great size yard for kids and your dog
Disclaimer: We have obtained all information in this document from sources we believe to be reliable; however, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. Prospective purchasers are advised to carry out their own investigations.
Share This Property
- Land area approx 582sqm
- Council Rates $3100/year
- Uncovered Carspaces 2
Local Information Hamilton South
Hamilton South is a highly sought after suburb with a host of amenities suited for family living. The suburb is close to Beaumont Street eateries, The Junction Shopping Centre and Marketown Shopping Centre.
- Government Schools
- Independent Schools
- Hunter School of Performing Arts
- Merewether Public School
- Hamilton South Public School
- The Junction Public School
- Newcastle High School
- Merewether High School
- Lambton High School
- Newcastle Senior School
- Newcastle Middle School
- Newcastle Grammar School
- St Philip's Christian College - Waratah
- St Joseph's Primary School
- Newcastle Grammar Park School Campus
- Holy Family Primary School
- St Francis Xavier's College
- St Francis Xavier's College, St Pius X campus
- St Pius X High School
- Alesco Senior College
- St Laurence Flexible Learning Centre
- St Philip's Christian College DALE